Fall Soup Made with BRAISED Bone Broth
RECIPE: Farmers’ Market Smoky Superfood Squash Soup
This soup is all about approximates. Don’t sweat the exact amounts of anything and cook from the heart – you can’t mess this one up!
OPTIONAL: 1 brick organic cream cheese or 1 cup - 1 can coconut milk for dairy-free alternative for added creaminess.
- Heat oil & 2 Tbsp butter in Dutch oven.
- Add celery, carrots, onion, & garlic and cook until al dente.
- Add butternut squash, cover and cook down until veggies are very tender.
- Add 2 pouches bone broth, bring to a low boil & simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and Superfood Seasoning to taste.
- Add cream cheese or coconut milk, if desired.
- Use immersion blender or blend together in batches in Vitamix.
*I tried this soup 3 ways - once without adding any cream cheese or coconut milk, once with the dairy, and once with the dairy alternative. My favorite was the dairy-free (except for the Kerrygold) coconut milk version.
**If you don't have and BRAISED Superfood Seasoning blend, try adding smoked paprika to give it the smoky flavor, otherwise just keep it simple and use salt only. Some fresh herbs would lend a nice bright flavor as well. The parsley in the photo was a great addition.